Forms and Checklists


If you were effected by the recent bushfires, and are looking to replace destroyed buildings that require consent, please contact Council's Church Street Office on (02) 6730 2350 to speak with one of our Planning and Development team members.

You may be exempt from a number of fees and charges in relation to lodging an application for Development and Construction Consent.

Application Process for Bushfire Effected Properties(PDF, 435KB)

Building and Development

From 1 July 2021, all planning applications, including Development Applications and Complying Development Certificates for Glen Innes Severn Council will need to be electronically lodged online via the NSW Planning Portal

The new process enables customers to lodge applications anytime using the online portal. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.

How to apply online

  1. Register for a NSW Planning Portal account to start your application.
  2. Log in to complete the online application form. You will need to submit Statement of environmental effects, Owner's consent and a Cost estimate report. You may be required to submit further documents to support your development application

Council’s Planning staff are available on 0267 302 360 or via email at to provide advice and assistance.

Further information and how-to-guides outlining the steps for the new development application process.

Zoning Certificates

Also referred to as Planning Certificates. 

A Section 10.7(2) certificate shows the zoning of the property, its relevant state, regional and local planning controls and other property constraints such as level of flooding, bushfire prone land or a heritage listed item. 

Section 10.7(2) and 10.7(5) certificate provides the same information as above. It also includes advice from other authorities and certain information a Council holds on a property that is relevant to the land but is not disclosed in a Section 10.7(2) certificate.

Applying for a Zoning Certificate

Zoning certificates are issued by your local Council. They can be applied for online via the NSW Planning Portal either:

  • when you start your development application (DA) or complying development certificate (CDC), or
  • as a standalone application.

How to Apply 

  1. Go to the NSW Planning Portal website
  2. Select the “My Account” button - you will be required to either create an account with the Planning Portal or use a Service NSW account to apply
  3. Follow the prompts to complete your application, either;
  • As a standalone application, or
  • By connecting to an existing DA/CDC application

The Department of Planning and Environment have produced a Quick Reference Guide to provide a step-by-step guide to assist applicants when applying for 10.7 planning certificates, which can be found here.(PDF, 933KB)

Building Related Forms

Not sure what you need to provide with your application?

Our Application Checklist(PDF, 275KB) may be able to answer your questions.

Bushfire Prone Land

Plumbing and Drainage