Dogs are only allowed to be leash free in designated off-leash areas approved by Council.
Council currently has six (6) designated off-leash areas. These areas are:
- Lynch Oval (Lang Street, Glen Innes)
- Lions Park (Ferguson Street, Glen Innes)
- Centennial Parklands (north-eastern side of the road - Standing Stones, Glen Innes)
- Recreation Reserve (Park Street, Emmaville)
- Bicentennial Park (Picnic Ground - Glencoe Street, Glencoe)
- Recreation Reserve Corner (Corner Short and Fraser Street, Deepwater)
The following rules apply:
- All dogs are to be accompanied and supervised by a person over the age of 16
- All dogs must be able to be controlled without a leash
- Dogs that are declared dangerous or menacing dogs by Council are not allowed to use any designated off-leash areas
- Dog owners / controllers MUST remove all dog faeces that may be deposited by the dog under their control, Council has installed Dog Waste Bag dispensers in all off-leash areas
- Dogs MUST NOT be encouraged to attack. The dog owner is liable under NSW Legislation if the dog attacks any person or animal (other than vermin)
- Dogs should only be permitted off-leash between sunrise and sunset
Penalties apply for non-compliance and failure to comply with a verbal direction may result in Council's Ranger seizing and impounding your animal under NSW Legislation.
For further details regarding Off Leash Areas please contact Council's Church Street office on (02) 6730 2350.