Rates instalment quarterly accounts are due for payment on or before 28 February, 31 May, 31 August, and 30 November of each year.

Accounts may be paid at the Town Hall between the hours of 8.30 am and 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday, via BPAY, by credit card over the phone by calling 6730 2300, by direct deposit. For your convenience, you can also pay these accounts with other bills at any Australia Post outlet through POST billpay, phone 13 18 16, or go to the Post billpay site.

Please note that it is the ratepayer's responsibility to ensure all rates and water consumption accounts are paid by the due date. Council will not remind ratepayers via telephone calls or emails. It is also the ratepayer's responsibility to ensure Council has been advised of the correct postal address. If you have a new postal address, please complete a Change of Address FormPlease note all Owners/Directors of the property are required to sign the Change of Address form.

Interest will be charged on overdue rates amount at a rate of 9.0% until 30 June 2024. 

As part of its Debt Recovery Policy, Council will continue to actively pursue outstanding monies through its Debt Recovery Agency, Outstanding Collections. Residents are advised that if Council has to resort to legal action for unpaid rates, this action may adversely affect the ratepayer's credit rating. If you have trouble paying your rates and/or water accounts by the due date, you may be able to enter into an arrangement with Council. Please contact Council's Rates Officer on 6730 2300.

Change your name on your Rates Notice

If you would like to change the name that appears on your rates notice, please change the name on your Certificate of Title at NSW Land Registry Services (LRS). LRS will advise Council once the name is changed on the Certificate of Title and Council records will then be updated according to the advice received from LRS.

For more information, visit the NSW Land Registry Services website or call 02 8776 3575 or 1300 396 076 (regional callers)

If you have not received your rates notice/s or water consumption notice/s please contact Council on 6730 2300.


Recently Deceased Ratepayer – What you need to know.

If you are the Executor of the Estate, remaining joint property owner, or know of someone who has passed away and owns property in the Glen Innes Severn Council area, this information may be of help.

The following information may be required by Council.

  • Copy of Death Certificate
  • Copy of the will

    Being the Executor provides the authority for the following:

    1. Change postal address.
    2. Make payment arrangements for Land & Water Rates and/or Sundry Debtors

      Council will require contact details of the Executor

  • Letter from the Solicitor

    If no will is available or Probate is being granted, then a letter from the solicitor handling the Estate with the following information:

    1. Stating they are handling the Estate matters
    2. The stage the Estate is at in regard to Probate etc.
    3. Whether there is funds in the Estate to pay the Land & Water Rates or if time is required for these matters to be settled
    4. Change of postal address if required
    5. The Executor or beneficiaries of the will (if there are any)
  • Pension Rebate for Council Land & Water Rates

    If there is a remaining joint property owner, who is residing at the property and holds a pension card, they may be eligible for the pension rebate instead. A new Pensioner Concession Application Form is required with a copy of their Pension Concession Card or DVA Gold Card.

  • Power of Attorney (POA) for remaining joint property owner

    If applicable a copy of the General or Enduring Power of Attorney for the remaining property owner should be supplied to Council for any future requirements. A POA is no longer applicable once the Principal has passed away.

  • Change of Address

Required in writing, on the appropriate form, either by email, letter or in person:

The Executor is able to do this provided a copy of the Will or Solicitor’s letter has been provided

The POA can do this if Council has a copy on file

Your privacy. The above information is required to assist with your application and will not be used for any other purpose without seeking your consent, or as required by law. The information will be retained in Council’s record management system under current legislation.



Sign up to receive eNotices

It's easy to do in just three (3) steps.

  1. Go to https://gisc.enotices.com.au/ and enter your email address and eNotices Reference Number (on your Rates Notice).
  2. Click the validation link in your email inbox.
  3. Select a password and mobile number.

You can then check your notices online at any time: RATES VIA EMAIL(PDF, 407KB)


Pension Concessions

Kindly note that Council will only accept the new Pensioner Concession Application Form(PDF, 376KB) from this point onwards.

The Office of Local Government has designed the new form and Centrelink has approved the section on the form requesting ratepayers consent for Council to check the concession eligibility with Centrelink or DVA. Please note that Council will still need a copy of both sides of the applicant's pension card. If there is more than one (1) eligible applicant for a property, they must each fill in a separate form.

If you have any questions regarding the new form please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Davidson at Council on 02 6730 2301.


Property Valuations

Your rates are calculated using the value of your property. The Valuer General's Office is responsible to valuing all properties. Council is not involved in this process.

Newsletter from the NSW Valuer General - January 2020(PDF, 585KB) (Awaiting an updated version)

Your Land Value Factsheet(PDF, 78KB) (Awaiting an updated version)