IF YOU NEED TO ACCESS THE SERVICES OF THE RANGERS, PLEASE CALL 0417 890 889
If you require the paperwork to register your pet you can obtain the form here https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/public/dogs-cats/nsw-pet-registry/microchipping-and-registration/. Please email this document to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you to arrange payment via telephone and EFTPOS facilities. Please call the Church Street office (02) 6730 2350 or Rangers on 0417 890 889 if you have any problems with this process.
The main duties performed by the Ranger are:
- Impounding and releasing animals from the pound, along with responding to matters such as cattle and horses on the road and dog attacks;
- Enforcing the microchipping and registration of companion animals;
- Enforcing on street parking throughout the Local Government Area (LGA);
- Trapping nuisance and unrestrained animals;
- Monitoring and enforcing environmental matters.
Council's Ranger CANNOT investigate cases of Animal Cruelty.
This branch of the Department predominantly works under the Companion Animals Act 1998, Protection of the Environmental Operations Act 1997 and the Local Government Act 1993.
The Council Ranger can be contacted during work hours on (02) 6730 2350 or 0417 890 889 (use the mobile number to contact the Ranger after hours as well).
After hours Council's Rangers will only attend to emergency calls. An emergency is classified as:
- A Dog Attack; and/or
- Unsupervised/Roaming livestock on a Classified Road (ie the Highway's).
Please ensure that you make after hour calls only in an emergency. All other calls can be made during business hours on the next working day.
Please leave a message and the on-call Ranger will return your call ASAP or forward your details onto the appropriate person. If you leave a message and it is not an emergency, please be aware that your call may not be returned.
Local Orders Policy No 1 - Guidelines for Keeping of Animals for Domestic Purposes(PDF, 2MB)