Community Committees of Council
The Community Committees of Council Manual(PDF, 10MB) provides comprehensive guidelines on the management responsibilities, functions and operations a Section 355 Committee and clarifies Council's role in the partnership. The manual aims to standardise mandatory procedures and forms that have to be followed to comply with legislation. Committee members are required to adopt and adhere to these conditions as set out in the manual.
Council currently has 16 Community Committees of Council:
Aboriginal Consultative Committee; Australia Day Committee; Australian Standing Stones Management Board; Community Access Committee; Emmaville Mining Museum Committee; Emmaville War Memorial Hall Committee; Glen Elgin Federation Sports Committee; Glen Innes Severn Cemetery Committee; Glencoe Hall Committee; Library Committee; Minerama Committee; Open Spaces Committee; Pinkett Recreation Reserve Management Committee; Roads Consultative Committee; Glen Innes Saleyards Advisory Committee and Stonehenge Reserve Trust.
The Community Committees of Council are also required to adhere to Council's Code of Conduct for Council Committee Members, Delegates of Council and Council Advisers(PDF, 3MB) and hold meetings in accordance with Council's Code of Meeting Practice(PDF, 5MB).
Annual General Meetings
Most committees have set their AGM's in late February or during March.
For further details about the AGM's or these committees contact Council's Governance Administration Officer on 6730 2331 or via email email@example.com
No upcoming AGM's
Forms for use by Community Committees
If you have trouble opening any of these forms please try using Google Chrome or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AGM Nomination Form
- AGM Members Register(DOCX, 286KB) (including nomination form)
- AGM Agenda Template(DOCX, 1MB)
- AGM Minutes Template(DOCX, 1MB)
- Agreement with Hirers of Council Facilities(DOCX, 41KB)
- Contractors Engaged by Committees Form(DOC, 46KB)
- Financial Forms(DOCX, 22KB)
- General Meeting Agenda Template(DOCX, 87KB)
- General Meeting Minutes Template(DOCX, 91KB)
- Key Register for Council Facilities(DOCX, 269KB)
- Planning and Approval Forms for an Activity(DOCX, 95KB)
- Public Incident Report(DOCX, 30KB)
- Request for Expenditure Form(DOCX, 34KB)
- Risk Assessment Form(DOCX, 2MB)
- Volunteer Sign On Form(DOCX, 35KB)
- WHS Venue Site Inspection Form(DOCX, 115KB)
- Sports Field Maintenance and Improvement Request Form(PDF, 158KB)
Other Manual Appendices for Information:
Strengthening Community Group Skills Webinars