Council would like to advise residents that the following works are scheduled for the period ending Friday, 27 May 2022 subject to weather conditions and unforeseen delays:
- Pothole patching on Old Grafton Road, Shannon Vale Road, Red Range Road and within the Glen Innes and Red Range townships;
- General maintenance including signage upgrades, line marking, street sweeping and roadside slashing in various locations;
- The construction team will be undertaking a rehabilitation project on Emmaville Road;
- The drainage team will be undertaking drainage upgrades on Bald Nob Road;
- The bridge team will be working on a causeway upgrade project on Stirrup Iron Creek; and
- The remaining works teams and a number of local contractors will be repairing flood-damaged roads. During this period, repairs will be underway on Glen Legh Road, Ben Nevis Road, Square Range Road, Yarrowlee Road, Oakwood Road, Pinkett Road, Pretty Valley Road, Ryans Road and Kookabookra Road.
The condition of the road network in the Glen Innes Severn Local Government Area (LGA) has been severely impacted by recurring rain events. Significant potholes, washouts and groundwater springs are appearing throughout our network, as road surfaces struggle to cope. Significant resources are being directed to repair this widespread damage.
Council apologises for any traffic delays associated with these works, and requests that motorists follow all traffic control signage and directions at the work sites.
Infrastructure Services Department