ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 26 APRIL 2018
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Council will allocate the budgeted $79,077 under Youth Services to employ an experienced Youth Worker for a minimum 21 hours per week and will seek additional grant funding for further youth initiatives.
- A Youth Advisory Committee will be established as a Section 355 Community Committee of Council.
- Council will be implementing the electronic distribution of rates and water notices during the 2018/19 financial year.
- Council will apply for funding under the Stronger Country Communities Fund for the upgrading of sport facilities at Wilson Park, Kerry Mead Park and the Deepwater Tennis Courts.
- As part of the Stronger Country Communities Fund application process, Council has prioritised the sum of $750,000 toward the upgrading and beautification of Grey Street between Meade and Ferguson Streets.
- Council will recommend and submit an Expression of Interest for funding under the Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund for a Regional Netball Facility to be located at Wilson Park.
POLICIES/PLANS ON EXHIBITION
- Sporting Facilities Review and Master Plans on public exhibition until 31 May 2018.
- 2018/19 Draft Operational Plan and Budget on public exhibition until 8 June 2018.
REVIEWED POLICIES / PUBLICATIONS
- Social Media Policy
- Media Policy
- Pre-Placement Health Assessment Policy
- Motor Vehicle Leaseback Policy
The complete minutes from the April 2018 Ordinary Council Meeting can be found on Council’s website: www.gisc.nsw.gov.au Go to the ‘Council’ menu, click on ‘Council Meetings’ and follow the links.