Council would like to advise residents that the following works are scheduled for the period ending Friday, 05 August 2022 subject to weather conditions and unforeseen delays:
- Pothole patching general maintenance and within the Glen Innes township;
- General maintenance including signage upgrades, line marking, street sweeping and roadside slashing in various locations;
- The construction team will be undertaking construction works on Emmaville Road;
- The bridge team will be working on flood recovery repairs;
- The Heavy Patching crew will be undertaking flood recovery works on Pretty Valley Road and Ryans Road; and
- The remaining works teams and a number of local contractors will be repairing flood-damaged roads on a priority basis.
The condition of the road network in the Glen Innes Severn Local Government Area (LGA) has been severely impacted by recurring rain events. Significant potholes, washouts and groundwater springs are appearing throughout our network, as road surfaces struggle to cope. Significant resources are being directed to repair this widespread damage.
Council apologises for any traffic delays associated with these works and requests that motorists follow all traffic control signage and directions at the work sites.