Council is calling for Expressions of Interest for the lease of commercial floor space at the Town Hall building at 265 Grey Street, Glen Innes, NSW. The vacant premises was previously leased as a coffee shop and Council’s preference is for a food business or combined use such as a coffee shop, delicatessen, restaurant, cafeteria and/or art gallery. Council would also consider alternative options for the use of the premises.
Located within the heritage Town Hall building and possessing CBD street frontage, the premise was substantially refurbished during 2013. Council has adopted a draft design and layout plans for substantial extensions to the building to co-locate staff into the building from two existing buildings. Retaining the Coffee Shop concept is included in the plans.
The internal floor space is approximately 70m2 and includes a commercial kitchen and additional external seating for approximately 48 seats. The lessee may need to provide external signage, furniture and any additional kitchen fit-out.
The successful applicant is required to:
- Meet Food Safety Standards if applicable;
- Maintain public liability insurance;
- Comply with all Special Conditions and Specifications in accordance with the Lease;
- Demonstrate experience in developing, delivering and managing a similar venture or business;
- Demonstrate ability to provide a sustainable business model and compatibility with existing businesses in the main street;
- Detail the level of finish, furnishing and signage to be provided.
Written Expressions of Interest will be accepted until 4.00pm on Friday, 1 June 2018 and should be addressed to the General Manager at P.O. Box 61 Glen Innes NSW 2370.
For more information and a copy of all documents contact Graham Price, Director of Development, Regulatory and Sustainability Services by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or PH: 02 6730 2365.