GROW Glen Innes THINK TANK!
Registration is NOW OPEN!
GROW Glen Innes Think Tank is a Partnership initiative from the recently launched Economic Development Strategy & Action Plan to facilitate connection and collaboration in our community.
GROW Glen Innes Think Tank (GGITT) participants are a collection of people who are interested in collaborating with Council to provide their experience, education and ideas across key elements of the 2020-2025 Economic Development Action Plan.
Whist Council will facilitate the set-up of the GROW Glen Innes Think Tank it it will not be a formal Committee of Council so as to allow greater flexibility.
This is a mechanism for continual community engagement and inclusion in the delivery of the Economic Development Strategy & Action Plan.
Registration means that Manager Economic Development, Margot Davis will be able to contact you and invite you to participate in a range of GGITT workshops on a variety of topics.
Whilst the strategy and the action items are completed, it's the HOW we deliver these that you can participate in.
The current list of workshop topics include:
- Housing Now and in the Future (Strategy & Actions)
- Our Next Generation (Initiative)
- Glen Innes Highlands Business & Community Hub (Project)
- A 100-year conceptual vision for Glen Innes Highlands (Master Planning)
- Local Jobs Program and Workforce Attraction (Strategy & Actions)
- Strengthening Liveability for Growth (Project)
- Population Mobility, Retention & Attraction (Research, Strategy & Actions)
- Welcome to Glen Innes Highlands (Initiative)
- Agri-Innovation and Diversification (Strategy & Actions)
- New & Emerging Industry Attraction & Development (Strategy & Actions)
- Tourism Itinerary & Packages Planner (Project)
- New England Rail Trail Construction & Future Management (Project)
- Events & Experiences (Product Development)
Q: Do I need to live in the Glen Innes LGA?
A: Ideally yes, but we're also open to those that are considering moving!
Q: How much time will I need to participate?
A: This is totally up to you and you can choose which invitations to workshops/sessions you accept.
Q: How will I know when sessions are conducted?
A: Once you register you will be invited to attend via the email you provide.
Q: Does it cost anything?
A: No, but your time is valuable to us.
Q: Is the Think Tank a Committee of Council?
A: Whist Council will facilitate the set-up of the GROW Glen Innes Think Tank it it will not be a formal Committee of Council so as to allow greater flexibility.
Q: Are the sessions going to be a talkfest?
A: No the sessions will be facilitated with clear goals and objectives.
Q: Is this for real? Will I be heard? Is it a waste of my time?
A: Yes it is. Yes you will. No it's not.