Rates instalment quarterly accounts are due for payment on or before 28 February, 31 May, 31 August, and 30 November of each year.  

Accounts may be paid at the Town Hall between the hours of 8.30 am and 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday, via BPAY, by credit card over the phone by calling 6730 2300, by direct deposit. For your convenience, you can also pay these accounts with other bills at any Australia Post outlet through POST billpay, phone 13 18 16, or go to the Post billpay site.

Please note that it is the ratepayer's responsibility to ensure all rates and water consumption accounts are paid by the due date. Council will not remind ratepayers via telephone calls or emails. It is also the ratepayer's responsibility to ensure Council has been advised of the correct postal address. If you have a new postal address, please complete a Change of Address Form

Interest will be charged on overdue rates amount at a rates of 6.0% per annum from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022. 

As part of its Debt Recovery Policy, Council will continue to actively pursue outstanding monies through its Debt Recovery Agency, Outstanding Collections. Residents are advised that if Council has to resort to legal action for unpaid rates, this action may adversely affect the ratepayer's credit rating. If you have trouble paying your rates and/or water accounts by the due date, you may be able to enter into an arrangement with Council. Please contact Council's Rates Officer on 6730 2300.

If you have not received your rates notice/s or water consumption notice/s please contact Council on 6730 2300. 

***GO GREEN GO ELECTRONIC by signing up to eNotices***

It's easy to do in just three (3) steps. 

1. Go to https://gisc.enotices.com.au/ and enter your email address and eNotices Reference Number (on your Rates Notice).

2. Click the validation link in your email inbox. 

3. Select a password and mobile number. 

You can then check your notices online at any time: RATES VIA EMAIL


Kindly note that Council will only accept the new form  “Pension Concession Application Form” from this point onwards. 

The Office of Local Government has designed the new form and Centrelink has approved the section on the form requesting ratepayers consent for Council to check the concession eligibility with Centrelink or DVA. Please note that Council will still need a copy of both sides of the applicant's pension card. If there is more than one (1) eligible applicant for a property, they must each fill in a separate form. 

If you have any questions regarding the new form please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Davidson at Council on 02 6730 2301.