Volunteering with Council: We value the work volunteers do for our local community.
Council aspires to make the volunteer experience an enjoyable and rewarding one while encouraging personal and professional development. Council provides a supportive and safe working environment for its volunteers, and understands the value of volunteers' commitment to our Local Government Area.
Why become a volunteer?
Becoming a volunteer is a great way to:
- get actively involved in your community;
- help someone else;
- build self-confidence;
- meet new people;
- feel valued by the community;
- learn new skills;
- gain valuable job experience, and,
- make a difference.
How can I get involved?
Council currently accepts volunteers in the folloiwng areas of its operations:
- Visitor Information Centre - call 6730 2400;
- Australian Celtic Festival [Section 355 Community Committee of Council] - call 6730 2410;
- Friends of the Australian Celtic Fesitval - call 6730 2410;
- Minerama Fossicking Gem and Jewellery Show [Section 355 Community Committee of Council] - call 6732 3405;
- Emmaville Mining Museum [Section 355 Community Committee of Council] - call 6730 2314;
- Friends of the Library - call 6730 2314.
Engaging with Communities
Council conducted an extensive Community Engagement program through to the end of August 2010. The strategies of that program have now all be met. Council is consulting with the community to develop a new 2017-2027 Community Strategic Plan. Information about 2017 community engagement sessions will be announced shortly.
Read the summary results of the Customer Survey conducted by Council in September 2016.