To lead a confident, welcoming and progressive community that values its health, heritage and environment.
Embracing Change, Building on History.
To be a responsive, effective, and efficient Council that advocates, facilitates and provides for the wellbeing of our community and area.
- Become an employer of choice by growing Council's capacity to deliver existing and future activities and functions;
- Continue to improve financial management and accountability;
- Continue to improve our open communication with our community;
- Engage our community in the development of an integrated water cycle management strategy;
- Engage our community in integrated planning incorporating Land Use, economic development, infrastructure and social policy that reflect and retain the character of our natural and built environment;
- Continue the review of our existing road network, and plan for the future in order to maximise use of available funding for the maintenance of this infrastructure;
- Monitor emerging climate change trends that may shape our long term planning;
- Glen Innes Severn Councillors provide community leadership by being aware of, and appropriately responding to, broader community issues of a more political nature;
- Continue to build quality of life and well-being by:
- Attracting external funding to foster community services expansion;
- Fostering a healthy and vibrant learning community; and
- Recognising and respecting our diverse cultural heritage, including our Aboriginal community.