An Early Intervention Playgroup runs every Tuesday morning at the Early Intervention Centre at the Pool House in West Avenue. Early Intervention is a service for families who have children 0-6 with a diagnosed disability or developmental delay.
It is a family centered service, supporting the needs of the entire family as well as the child with the developmental delay or disability. Individual learning programs are developed in consultation with the families. Early Intervention offers:
· Family support and information;
· Support and information in the transition of children to early childhood programs and school;
· Support for teachers and caregivers in early childhood services with implementing programs;
· An Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) and Individual Education Plans (IEP) are developed for each family;
· Networking opportunities with other families;
· Resource library of books, videos and equipment to loan.
Early Intervention costs $2.50, and runs during school terms only.
Early Intervention Services Teacher Rochelle Maybon - 6730 2210
Team Leader Children and Family Services Angela Sisson - 6730 2210