HOUSE HISTORY AND CONSERVATION WORKSHOP
Saturday 30 March 2019 10am – 12.30
Land of the Beardies Museum, Ferguson Street Glen Innes
Cost $25 - Proceeds to the Land of the Beardies Museum
Bookings: 02 67 32 1035 email@example.com
Graham Wilson OAM Heritage adviser to Glen Innes Severn Council and retired lecturer from the University of New England will present a workshop on how to research the history of buildings and how to conserve them.
First Session 10am
- There will be an emphasis on how to research the history of houses.
- A number of questions will be investigated.
- What are the architectural details of houses?
- How do I start researching the history of a building?
- What is the relationship between the history of a house and local history?
- Where can I find resources?
Morning Tea 11am
- You will be shown how to develop a conservation plan for a house and how to maintain it over time.
- Detailed information made available will include information sheets and heritage publications concerning various aspects of conservation.
- The NSW Heritage office has many resources online.