“Development” is defined by the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, and includes erecting or demolishing a building, subdividing land, changing the use of land or carrying out work on land. A large percentage of Developments within the Glen Innes Severn Council area need Development Consent. If a proposed development is not Exempt Development or Complying Development ( related sections) it may require a Development Application to be submitted and approved.
Note: Development Applications/Approvals are subject to Council's Local Environmental Plans (Glen Innes Severn LEP). They may also be subject to various Council Development Control Plans, Policies and State or National Acts, Regulations and Codes.
Examples of Developments needing Development Approval may include:
- - Dwellings not meeting SEPP 60 requirements;
- - Multiple dwellings on a single property.
- - Other developments not meeting SEPP 60 requirements.
- - Heritage significant proposals.
- - Proposals in environmentally sensitive areas.
- - Commercial and Industrial proposals.
- - Torrens Title Subdivision (Land Subdivision).
- - Strata Title Subdivision.
- - Community Title Subdivision.
- - State Significant Subdivision.
It is highly recommended that if you think your proposal may need Development Approval that you contact a Council Town Planner to confirm, or to clarify requirements for your proposal.
Building and Development
Development Application Checklist *This is required to be submitted with ALL applications*
Waste Management Plan *This is required to be submitted with ALL applications involving development*
Occupation Certificate Application Form (for building applications lodged PRIOR to 1 December 2019)
Occupation Certificate Application Form (for building applications lodged AFTER to 1 December 2019)
Bushfire Prone Land
Plumbing and Drainage