Application Process

Application Lodgement Information

Procedures for Lodgement of Subdivision Applications

Development Assessment Unit Meetings - Information Flyer

Guide to Applying for Dwelling Approval

Building Cost Guide 2010

Pre-Lodgement Advice Procedure

An Overview of the Development Assessment Process

Guide to Relocating a Previously Used Residence

Guide for Installing and Shipping Container


Before submitting an application to Council it is a requirement that the applicant (or appointed delegate) discusses the proposal with a staff member within the Department.

Please call the office on (02) 6730 2350 to make an appointment.

Basic steps to follow

1. Confirm with the appropriate Council Officer:

  • that  an application is needed;
  • what application will be compulsory for your proposal;
  • what information you are required to submit on the lodgement of your submission.

Compliance with relevant Acts, Regulations, and Codes along with Council Policies, Conditions and Plans will apply.

2.  Prepare and lodge your submission to Council.  All Council fees must be paid at this stage.  Your Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) must be noted in the application along with relevant plans, BASIX certificate and a Section 68 (Local Approval) application if relevant (see the information below on application forms, or contact a Council Officer to clarify what application forms you will need to submit depending upon your specific development).

3. If your proposal is approved, thoroughly read through all conditions of consent imposed by Council and ensure that these conditions are met during the entire development process. Your proposal may need a Construction Certificate before it can be started. It will be stated in the conditions whether this is a requirement (this excludes Complying Developments, see below for details).

4.   Notify Council at least 48 hours before the works commence.

5.  Where required, an Occupancy Certificate must issued before occupying a building.

If you wish to make an appeal, a modification or withdraw your application, please contact Councils Development, Planning and Regulatory Services department.