POINTS OF INTEREST
- Council has approved the appointment of a full-time Events Coordinator to support the management of Council’s signature event, the Australian Celtic Festival, and other key Council events.
- The annual Triquetra Award will continue to be jointly administered by the Glen Innes and District Services Club and Council. The Glen Innes and District Services Club will be the custodian of the medallion.
- A vote of confidence in staff and Councillors was unanimously adopted following discussion around the ongoing negative and unjustified postings on the Facebook page “Save Glen Innes from Glen Innes Severn Council’. Council is concerned about the possible impacts of those postings on staff, the local community, and prospective businesses and residents wanting to relocate to Glen Innes.
DOCUMENTS ON PUBLIC EXHIBITION
- Review of the Glen Innes Pedestrian Access and Mobility Plan (PAMP).
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Policy;
- Local Orders Policy No. 1 – Guidelines for the Keeping of Animals for Domestic Purposes.
NEWLY ADOPTED POLICIES
- Unsealed Roads Rock Removal Policy was adopted by Council.
- Re-imbursement for Meals and Other Activities with Clients for Community Services Staff Policy.
The complete minutes from the August 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting can be found on Council’s website: www.gisc.nsw.gov.au
Go to the ‘Council’ menu, click on ‘Council Meetings’ and follow the links.