Tender T17-03 Design and Fit-out of Fire Control Centre
Open tenders are invited for the design and fitout of a Rural Fire Service Fire Control Centre in existing commercial premises.
The Site: The site includes Lots 1, 3 and 4 in Deposited Plan 270710 in Glen Innes NSW. The street address for these parcels is 100 Lambeth Street, Glen Innes, NSW, 2370.
The Works: The project objective is to establish a professional Fire Control Centre (FCC) and related facilities on the site suitable for the northern tablelands team of the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS). The project will be completed in two (2) stages, with the first stage (this contract) being to refurbish buildings on Lots 3 and 4 in DP270710; install a fenced radio communications tower and backup diesel generator near the south-west corner of the site; and construct a security fence to the Lambeth Street property frontage. The second stage (not included in this contract) will be to refurbish the building on Lot 2 DP270710 to also become part of the FCC facility.
The specific works under this Contract (Stage 1) will include:
- Design and fit-out of the building on Lot 4 DP270710, to provide:
- Offices for relocating the existing Northern Tablelands team RFS Fire Control Centre (FCC) from 181 Bourke Street;
- A fire control centre for coordinating fire-fighting activities during emergency events;
- A RFS training facility which will move from its present location at 125 Lang Street. The training facility will also be used by the local emergency management committee for periodic meetings, exercises and event management;
- A store-room;
- Supply and installation of a nominal 20kW grid-connected photovoltaic system.
- Design and fit-out of the building on Lot 3 DP270710, suitable for:
- Relocating the Glen Innes RFS brigade from 125 Lang Street;
- Housing a State Mitigation Support Services crew, which provides pro-active hazard reduction services across the region;
- Temporary vehicle storage (pending stage two).
- The supply and installation of a minimum 160kVA weather-proof back-up electrical generator to the south-west corner of the site, within Lot 1 DP270710.
- Supply and erection of decorative metal security and access control fencing, having manual pedestrian gate and automatic operated gates for vehicle ingress and egress, set back from the Lambeth Street property frontage.
- Introduce energy saving measures to the existing site and buildings, including external security lighting.
- Repair existing building and site defects, including those identified within the Building and Pest Inspection report.
- Repainting Buildings 3 and 4 in RFS standard colours, and replacing existing commercial building signage with standard RFS building identification signage.
- The existing car parking layout will be amended to provide an improved manoeuvring area for fire tanker appliances.
All tenders must be submitted through the TenderLink portal (www.tenderlink.com/gisc) before 4.00pm on Wednesday, 31 May 2017. The lowest or any tender will not necessarily be accepted.
Contact: Preston Parkes on 02 6730 2480